ProCogia helped a health plan provider improve decision quality with expanded data management and visualization capabilities.
A non-profit health plan provider engaged ProCogia to lead the implementation of a visualization solution and design an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) to expand organizational analytics capabilities. We took a multi-threaded, agile approach that allowed the company to quickly produce high-quality visualizations, while also advancing its core data management and BI infrastructure.
A non-profit health plan organization needed to improve data quality and expand analytics capabilities to drive better decision-making. The company engaged ProCogia to implement a visualization solution and design an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). They also needed assistance in recreating and validating their existing reporting infrastructure.
We took a multi-threaded, agile approach that allowed the company to quickly produce high-quality visualizations and advance its core data management and BI infrastructure. Our process included the following steps:
- Identify the business drivers that are important to the various stakeholders
- Identify the data quality issues that are negatively impacting key business drivers
- Develop mechanisms to generate reports from the new DW (Data Warehouse) environment
- Analyze the KPIs to detect discrepancies
- Validate the percentage of missing and negative values for different variables and data sources
The client’s BI program now drives significantly improved decision-making capabilities that have been enthusiastically received by both internal users and community partners.
Increased capabilities include:
- Better support to the Information Management business group to ensure Data Quality Services, Outlier Detection and Aberration Monitoring
- Efficient support processes that merge dashboard data sources into the EDW
- A framework to extend self-service analytics in sustainable iterations across departments
Reporting / Visualization
DIAGNOSIS: THE PROCOGIA IDOP FRAMEWORK IN ACTION
This project exemplifies the Diagnosis component of the ProCogia IDOP framework. a holistic methodology that applies business, technical and mathematical expertise to your company’s various data elements. Learn more