We are looking to hire Data Scientist to join our current team of data scientists. The ideal candidate is a passionate and highly skilled individual, who can contribute to the design and development of Data Analytics offerings as a service, through extensive use of statistics, data mining, modern machine learning, and optimization techniques. If you enjoy understanding complex business problems and using a varied mix of advanced machine learning and statistical techniques to address them by generating actionable predictive and prescriptive outcomes, which have demonstrable business impact, then this job is for you. Your experience in applied data science can catapult our company into hyper-growth through a new business line that centers around data and analytics.
· Develop relevant, accurate and actionable predictive models for precision marketing based on a proprietary mix of consumer/customer behavioral, demographic, psychographic and location-based data.
· Determine the right set of statistical and machine learning algorithms and techniques to use, for a given problem (Propensity to buy, Time-to-event, ‘Look alike’/’Shop alike’ modeling), while maintaining security and privacy of sensitive data.
· Evaluate and leverage modern tools and techniques with readily available skills for predictive analytics like R, Python Pandas, Microsoft Azure ML etc., with the objective of handling data scale, data variety, analytic speed and relevance.
· Scale, enhance and automate analytics, model building, model deployment, and visualization.
· Explore the applicability of notebook technologies for interactive analytics, like Cortana Analytics and/or SAP Analytics.
· Collaborate with data engineers to help build a secure sandbox capability for speedy machine learning experimentation. Also, help build reporting and visualization infrastructure for machine learning based outputs.
· Provide technical input into build/buy/partner decisions for all components of the data analytics infrastructure.
· Lead and/or manage a small team of junior data scientists and data analysts.
· Collaborate with technical and analytics teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Ph.D. or M.S. or BS in Statistics, Data Mining, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science or Engineering
· 3+ years of experience in the data mining/machine learning field with increasing responsibility.
· Hands-on and deep expertise in both supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms and advanced techniques (like ensemble learning), especially if applied to AdTech/MarTech space.
· Proficiency in at least one modern analytical modeling tool like R, Python, Azure ML. Knowledge of SAS a plus
· Knowledge and experience working with SQL and relational databases like Postgres is a must.
· Experience in using/experimenting with Cloud based managed services for analytics – e.g. Amazon Elastic MapReduce, Microsoft Azure, Databricks, Altiscale etc.
· Business and analytical thinker, with an ability to translate business problems/opportunities into data analytics based solutions.
· Strong communication, and teaming skills.
· Knowledge of Retail and Financial verticals is a plus but not required.
· Experience in the AdTech/MarTech industry, especially knowledge of DMPs, programmatic advertising/RTB is a big plus.
· Bellevue, WA